Tuesday, August 3, 2010



"The Oak Tree"







A mighty wind blew both night and day,
It stole the oak trees leaves away.
Then it snapped its boughs and pulled off its bark,
Until the oak was tired and stark.
But still this oak tree maintained its ground,
While the other trees fell all around.
Then the weary wind gave up and spoke,
“How is it that you are still standing oak?”

The oak tree replied, “I know that you
Can break every branch of mine in two.
You can shake my limbs and make me sway,
And carry every one of my leafs away.
But I have roots stretched into the earth,
Growing strong each day since my birth.
You will never touch them, for you see,
They are the deepest part of me.
Until now I was not sure,
Just how much I could endure.
But I have found, with thanks to you
I am much stronger than I ever knew.”

No comments:

Post a Comment